Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Jazz Appreciation Month!

Every April is "Jazz Appreciation Month," as proclaimed by the Smithsonian Institute. We here in the DHS jazz program hope you take some time over the next few weeks to enjoy to this quintessentially American art form. It's a busy month for us with Jazz Night on Wednesday, April 24 as well as auditions for next year's groups. We'll also try to take part in International Jazz Day on April 30, when musicians all over the world will join to "celebrate jazz, learn about its roots and highlight its important role as a form of communication that transcends differences." More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I never was a huge fan of jazz music, but for some reason, I've come to really enjoy it! I remember the first time I heard the DHS jazz band when Mitchell was in 8th grade - I have never stopped being impressed with the way they bring the house down!

    ReplyDelete