Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Adams Field Turf Replacement Underway!

As I left school on Monday, I saw several large excavators on the football field digging up the old sod. This is in preparation for the installation of a new artificial surface this summer, thanks in part to the work of the DHS Boosters. This means that we will never again have to cancel a halftime performance due to poor field conditions! I am also hoping to be able to use the field for early bird practices--no more slogging through the mud to the back 40. I will, however, miss crossing the bridge over the stream to get there. I'll also miss seeing the occasional deer along the back edge of the woods when I could say, "Look--it's a deer! In the field! That's why we call it Deerfield!" However, I won't miss the small lakes and mud pits that develop on the back 40 whenever it rains. One year the river was so high during band camp that it covered the bridge, and nobody could even get to the practice fields. With the new turf, we'll never face that problem again!

No comments:

Post a Comment